EPL Predictions 2019: Sheffield United vs Manchester United
November 24, 2019,
Bramall Lane, Sheffield
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Fifth-placed Sheffield United are targeting a third consecutive home win and clean sheet after beating Arsenal 1-0 and Burnley 3-0 in their latest outings at Bramall Lane. Meanwhile, Manchester United, who are one point behind their hosts, are looking to record back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time this EPL 2019.
Sheffield United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Sheffield United will be forced into at least one change on Sunday, as Dean Henderson cannot start against his parent club. His absence is a big blow but hands 29-year-old Simon Moore a Premier League debut against Manchester United.
Chris Wilder will be sweating on the fitness of key centre-back John Egan after he limped off for Ireland with a calf injury at the start of the week. Veteran Phil Jagielka is on standby to deputise if required.
Lys Mousset was in great form for Sheffield United before the international break and will hope to continue in attack on Sunday. He will be joined by one of David McGoldrick or Callum Robinson.
Ravel Morrison came through the United academy but is unlikely, but former Red Oliver Norwood will start against his boyhood club.
They will stick to the 3-5-2 system that’s working wonders for them.
Expected starting XI: Simon Moore; Jack O’Connell, John Egan, Chris Basham; George Baldock, John Lundstram, Oliver Norwood, John Fleck, Enda Stevens; David McGoldrick, Lys Mousset.
Manchester United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Manchester United’s injury woes are starting to ease, with Diogo Dalot, Nemanja Matic, Luke Shaw and Axel Tuanzebe all back in training. None are expected to start here, however.
Ashley Young is available again after serving a one-match ban before the international break. He should regain his place at left-back despite another impressive showing from Brandon Williams last time out for the Red Devils.
Scott McTominay has been nursing an ankle injury in recent weeks but is expected to start against Sheffield United. Paul Pogba is nearing a first-team return but won’t be ready until next month.
Harry Maguire started his career at Sheffield United and will hope for a good response when he returns to Bramall Lane.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is likely to field a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Expected starting XI: David de Gea; Aaron Wan-Bissake, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Ashley Young; Scott McTominay, Fred; Daniel James, Andreas Pereira, Marcus Rashford; Anthony Martial.
Today’s Football Match Prediction:
- John Lundstram has scored three goals in his 12 Premier League appearances, as many as in his previous 55 league matches combined. He has already equalled his best tally for a season, having struck three times in 2015/16 and 2017/18. With United’s vulnerability at the back, he might improve that tally.
- All of Man Utd’s Premier League goals this EPL 2019 have been scored by players aged 23 and under, with Anthony Martial the oldest at 23 years 326 days.
- Marcus Rashford, who has netted five goals in his last five matches in all competitions for Man Utd, is looking to score in a third consecutive fixture for the Red Devils for the first time since September 2017. He has scored 6 goals in the league so far.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Sheff Utd’s last 8 Premier League games. They have conceded just 8 goals in the league so far – 2nd lowest, and it might be another low-scoring thriller. Also, there have been under 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Man Utd’s last 7 away Premier League games.
- Manchester United have failed to win 9 of their last 10 away Premier League matches. Don’t be surprised if United drop points once again.
- Sheff Utd are undefeated in their last 5 Premier League matches and might make it 6 games.
- The Blades have already played Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool and only lost to the latter. They have beaten Arsenal at home and held both Tottenham and Chelsea.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix