English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Tottenham vs Burnley
December 7, 2019,
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho is looking to bounce back from a defeat against his former club Manchester United when Spurs host Burnley in the Premier League on Saturday. A win for Tottenham could move them back into the Premier League top six.
They are up against a Burnley side seeking their second away win of the season, with their first coming against Watford in their previous road trip.
Tottenham Hotspur’s performance in EPL 2019:
Following three impressive victories under Jose Mourinho, Spurs were brought back down to earth in quite typical fashion at Old Trafford.
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho remains without injured quartet Hugo Lloris, Michel Vorm.
Erik Lamela and Ben Davies have both been ruled out with calf and ankle injuries respectively.
The Portuguese manager may make a couple of changes to the side that started the 2-1 loss at Manchester United on Wednesday night.
Tanguy Ndombele, Eric Dier and Giovani Lo Celso could all come into the starting XI.
Spurs are likely to use a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Burnley’s performance in EPL 2019:
Ashley Barnes (groin) is likely to be available for Burnley, but Phil Bardsley and Kevin Long are all doubts. Sean Dyche is, meanwhile, sweating on the fitness of Johann Gudmundsson, Charlie Taylor and Ashley Westwood for their trip to London.
Gudmundsson has returned to training but will not recover in time for this clash.
Ashley Westwood is eligible again after serving a suspension against Manchester City but is a doubt due to a groin injury.
Dyche could make a single change to the XI that started the 4-1 home defeat to Manchester City, with Ashley Barnes coming in for Aaron Lennon.
Tottenham vs Burnley: Predicted Line-up: Predicted XI
Paulo Gazzaniga; Serge Aurier, Davinson Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen; Tanguy Ndombele, Eric Dier; Dele Alli, Govani Lo Celso, Son Heung-Min; Harry Kane
Nick Pope; Phil Bardsley, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Erik Pieters; Daniel Drinkwater, Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil, Jeff Hendrick; Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood.
EPL 2019-20: Tottenham vs Burnley Prediction
- Spurs have won seven of their last eight home meetings with Burnley in all competitions since a 4-1 League Cup defeat in January 1983.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Burnley’s last 4 away games in Premier League while there have been over 2.5 goals scored in Tottenham’s last 3 games in the PL.
- Tottenham have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
- Tottenham are undefeated in their last 5 home matches in Premier League.
- Son Heung-min has been directly involved in 13 goals in his 14 appearances at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in all competitions, with eight strikes and five assists, more than any other player.
- Burnley beat Spurs 2-1 in the last Premier League meeting at Turf Moor in February. They last won consecutive top-flight matches against them back in April 1975.
- The Clarets won 3-0 against Watford in their last away league match. They have not won consecutive league matches on the road since a run of three victories in April 2018.