EPL Predictions 2019: West Ham vs Tottenham
November 23, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
All eyes will be on Jose Mourinho, who returns to Premier League after replacing Mauricio Pochettino at Spurs when they travel to face West Ham on Saturday. They are currently placed 14th in the table, only a point above their opponent West Ham, who have 13 points.
West Ham’s performance in EPL 2019:
Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed Roberto Jimenez will continue in goal despite his poor form. Though Pellegrini has little choice with No.1 goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski out injured.
West Ham’s Mark Noble and Michail Antonio trained this week without any problem and could be in contention, says Manuel Pellegrini, who reports no fresh injury concerns. Lukasz Fabianski (hip) is a long-term absentee.
Mark Noble, Jack Wilshere and Michail Antonio will be included in the matchday squad after training all week without any problems.
Angelo Ogbonna and Andriy Yarmolenko may come into the side that lost 3-0 at Burnley.
They are likely to use 4-5-1 formation
Possible starting lineup: Roberto Jimenez; Ryan Fredricks, Angelo Ogbonna, Issa Diop, Aaron Cresswell; Declan Rice, Mark Noble, Declan Rice, Pablo Fornals, Felipe Anderson; Sebastien Haller.
Tottenham’s performance in EPL 2019:
Hugo Lloris and Jan Vertonghen are ruled out for Tottenham ahead of their trip to West Ham.
Michel Vorm (calf) is also out while Tanguy Ndombele (groin) is doubtful. Erik Lamela is a doubt with a thigh problem and will be assessed ahead of this one.
It’s tough to see how Spurs will line up following the Wednesday morning appointment of Jose Mourinho.
However, they are likely to use 4-2-3-1 formation.
Possible starting XI: Paulo Gazzaniga; Juan Foyth, Davinson Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld, Ben Davies; Tanguay Ndombele, Eric Dier; Moussa Sissoko, Christian Eriksen, Son Heung-Min; Harry Kane.
Today’s Football Match Prediction:
- Tottenham have failed to win their last 12 away Premier League matches. However, the away team have won 5 of the last 6 meetings between these sides in all competitions and Spurs look likely to win a third consecutive top-flight away match against the Hammers for the first time.
- Tottenham have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 away matches against West Ham in all competitions.
- West Ham have conceded at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 Premier League matches and with Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min in Spurs’ line-up, expect the Hammers to concede once again.
- West Ham have failed to win their last 6 Premier League matches. Though they were the first team to beat Spurs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, they might not be able to do so on Jose Mourinho’s 1st game in-charge.
- West Ham are looking to secure consecutive league wins over Spurs for the first time since 2013-14 but might have to wait for another year to erase that struggling record.
- Harry Kane is Spurs’ top scorer so far and has been in a great form in the Euro qualifiers – where he finished the top scorer – and should finally be able to score after failing to do so in Spurs last 3 games.
- Jose Mourinho looks likely to end Tottenham Hotspur’s run of 12 Premier League away matches without victory.
- West Ham United are looking for their first win in seven matches after dropping to 16th but are least likely to do so.
- Spurs have gone 83 Premier League matches without a 0-0 draw, the third-longest such run after Manchester United (114 matches between May 1999 and May 2002) and Ipswich Town (87 matches between August 1994 and September 2001).
- Harry Kane has scored 28 goals in 45 Premier League London derbies. Only Thierry Henry (43), Teddy Sheringham (32) and Frank Lampard (32) have netted more in such matches.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix