English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Wolves vs Tottenham
December 15, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Wolves host Spurs in the battle of 6th place in the PL on Sunday. Wolves are currently placed 1 ahead of Spurs in the Premier League table with only 1 point separating the sides. A win for either team will send them in the top 6 at least, if not higher. Wolves have lost just 2 games in the Premier League and are coming on the back of a win in Europa League but have seen 3 of their last 5 games in all competition end in a draw.
Meanwhile, Spurs are coming on the back of a 3-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League. However, they had won their last PL game against Burnley 5-0. They have lost 2 of their last 3 games and hence the fixture proves to be an interesting match-up, at least on cards.
Wolves’s performance in EPL 2019:
Wolves remain without Willy Boly (ankle), while Morgan Gibbs-White (back) is unlikely to be available.
Despite a 2-2 draw at Brighton last weekend, Wolves could name the same XI from the stalemate.
Spurs’s performance in EPL 2019:
Harry Winks (ankle) returned to training with Spurs this week and could be in contention. Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Jan Vertonghen and Serge Aurier are available having been rested for the midweek Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
Erik Lamela (hamstring), Hugo Lloris (elbow), Michel Vorm (calf), and Ben Davies (ankle) continue their rehabilitation.
Tanguy Ndombele will be assessed ahead of Sunday’s trip to Wolves.
Jose Mourinho could name the same XI that started the 5-0 win over Burnley last weekend after resting key players in Munich in midweek.
Wolves vs Tottenham: Predicted Line-up
Rui Patricio; Leander Dendoncker, Conor Coady, Romain Saiss; Matt Doherty, Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Jonny; Adama Traore, Raul Jimenez, Diogo Jota.
Paulo Gazzaniga; Serge Aurier, Toby Alderweireld, Davinson Sanchez, Jan Vertonghen; Eric Dier, Moussa Sissoko; Lucas Moura, Dele Alli, Son Heung-Min; Harry Kane.
EPL 2019: Wolves vs Tottenham Prediction
- Wolves have lost only one of their last 19 competitive matches. Unbeaten in eight at Molineux, winning 5, they’ll look to at least maintain their one point lead above Tottenham in the table.
- Spurs have won their two league trips to Wolves following the latter’s return to the PL, but have won only one of their last 14 away Premier League games.
- Wolves beat Spurs 3-1 at Wembley in their last Premier League meeting in December 2018. They’ve not won consecutive matches against the north London club since completing the league double over them in 2009/10.
- Since the start of last season, Wolves have taken more points against the 2018/19 top six than any other side who finished outside of these places last term, with 21.
- Harry Kane has scored nine Premier League goals this season, and could become the first player to score 10 in six consecutive top-flight campaigns for Spurs since Robbie Keane, who did so between 2002/03 and 2007/08.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Spurs’ last 8 PL away games, with Spurs conceding at least 2 in these games.
- Wolves are undefeated in their last 11 PL matches.
- Spurs have failed to win 13 of their last 14 away matches in PL.
- Spurs have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 away matches against Wolves in all competitions.
- Only Liverpool have lost less No. of matches than Wolves in the PL so far- 2.
- Diogo Jota has scored 5 goals in his last 2 games in all competitions.