English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Arsenal vs Man City
December 15, 2019,
Emirates Stadium, London
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Arsenal look to continue their winning run in the Premier League when they host Man City on Sunday. Arsenal have won 1, lost 1 and drawn 1 of their last 3 PL games and would be keen to build on to their PL win against West Ham in their last game.
Meanwhile, Man City would look to bounce back from their Premier League defeat against Man United. City too had similar results in their last 3 PL games- 1 win, 1 draw and 1 lose. However, they are coming on the back of a 4-1 win over Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League.
Arsenal’s performance in EPL 2019:
Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney are both sidelined for Arsenal, with the latter out for three months.
Granit Xhaka will return next week due to the concussion protocol. Matteo Guendouzi should start as a result.
Freddie Ljungberg will hope to have Nicolas Pepe available after the winger took some heavy hits on Monday. He will have late fitness test.
Alexandre Lacazette may have to settle for another place on the bench, with Gabriel Martinelli set to start again.
Man City’s performance in EPL 2019:
David Silva is a big doubt for Man City and has not trained this week after sustaining a knock in the derby defeat by Manchester United. Phil Foden may start after an impressive display in the Champions League. Ilkay Gundogan is perhaps favourite, however.
John Stones (hamstring) and Sergio Aguero (muscular) are ruled out, but Pep Guardiola has confirmed no other injury concerns.
Oleksandr Zinchenko made his return from injury in Tuesday’s 4-1 win away to Dinamo Zagreb to boost Pep Guardiola’s defensive options going into the busy festive period.
Illness ruled Ederson out in midweek and Guardiola will hope to have his first-choice goalkeeper available at the Emirates.
Arsenal vs Man City: Predicted Line-up
Bernd Leno; Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Calum Chambers, David Luiz, Sead Kolasinac; Matteo Guendouzi, Lucas Torreira; Nicolas Pepe, Mesut Ozil, Gabriel Martinelli; Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Ederson; Kyle Walker, Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho, Benjamin Mendy; Kevin de Bruyne, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan; Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling.
EPL 2019: Arsenal vs Man City Prediction
- Arsenal have conceded the first goal in their last five Premier League encounters. They’ve never conceded first in six consecutive matches in the competition.
- Gabriel Martinelli scored on his first PL start for Arsenal against West Ham. Only three players have scored on their first two PL starts in the competition for the Gunners – Ian Wright, Davor Suker and Alex Iwobi.
- Man City have won their last two Premier League trips to Arsenal, more than they had in their previous 32 top-flight visits to Emirates Stadium or Highbury.
- Man City could become the first team to win three consecutive top-flight matches at Arsenal since West Ham did so between 1991 and 1995.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 7 Premier League games.
- Arsenal have seen over 2.5 goals in 9 of their last 11 matches against Man City in all competitions.
- Man City have won their last 5 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 9 of their last 10 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 away matches in Premier League.
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 4 Premier League games.