English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Chelsea vs Bournemouth
December 14, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019. Today’s match is Chelsea vs Bournemouth
Chelsea look to return to winnings ways in the Premier League Table when they host Bournemouth in the Premier League clash on Saturday. Chelsea are struggling at the moment, having lost 3 of their last 4 PL games but would seek inspiration from their 2-1 Europa League win over Lille in midweek.
Meanwhile, Bournemouth are facing a slump of their own having lost their last 5 games. Though 2 of these games have been against Liverpool and Spurs, they failed to beat Crystal Palace despite Palace playing majority of the game with 10 men.
This Chelsea vs Bournemouth match is going to be exciting for sure.
Chelsea’s performance in EPL 2019:
Antonio Rudiger made his first appearance since September in Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Lille but it remains to be seen whether he is fit enough to play twice in such a short period of time given his time out.
With Fikayo Tomori expected to miss out, Andreas Christensen is the first option to sub in for either centre-back on Saturday. Olivier Giroud is also a doubt but wouldn’t have started here, while Ross Barkley was back on the bench in midweek after overcoming illness.
Mason Mount, Reece James and Callum Hudson-Odoi will hope to benefit from any rotation applied by Frank Lampard on Saturday after only managing to make the bench in midweek.
Bournemouth’s performance in EPL 2019:
Nathan Ake is expected to miss out against his former club after suffering a hamstring injury in last weekend’s defeat to Liverpool. Callum Wilson also picked up a knock in the loss and is a doubt for the visit to Stamford Bridge.
With Steve Cook also sidelined, Jack Simpson will likely partner Chris Mepham at the back for the Cherries.
Harry Wilson missed defeat to Liverpool due to the terms in his loan agreement between the two clubs but will return to the starting XI on Saturday.
Dominic Solanke drew a blank against one former club last weekend and will now try to score his first league goal for Bournemouth against another former employer on Saturday.
Lewis Cook and Dan Gosling will push for starts if Eddie Howe makes changes in a bid to arrest their alarming slump in form.
Chelsea vs Bournemouth: Predicted Line-up
Kepa Arrizabalaga; Reece James, Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen Emerson Palmieri; Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Willian; Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Tammy Abraham.
Aaron Ramsdale; Simon Francis, Chris Mepham, Jack Simpson, Diego Rico; Arnaut Danjuma Groenveld, Jefferson Lerma, Philipp Billing, Harry Wilson; Callum Wilson, Dominic Solanke.
EPL 2019: Chelsea vs Bournemouth Prediction
- Chelsea have lost three of their last four matches but can still move level on points with third-placed Manchester City with a win on Saturday.
- AFC Bournemouth are aiming to end a run of five consecutive defeats which has left them only one point above the bottom three.
- None of the 15 meetings between Chelsea and AFC Bournemouth in all competitions have ended in a draw, with the Blues winning 11.
- Since the Cherries were promoted to the Premier League in 2015, only Liverpool, with three wins, have beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the competition more times than AFC Bournemouth’s two.
- Tammy Abraham can be the first Englishman to score in three consecutive Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea since Frank Lampard in August 2010.
- Harry Wilson is AFC Bournemouth’s top Premier League scorer this season, and five of his six goals have come away from home.
- Chelsea are undefeated in 27 of their last 30 home matches in Premier League.
- Bournemouth have lost their last 5 matches in the Premier League.
- Bournemouth have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in PL.
- Chelsea have kept one clean sheet in their last 10 in all competitions.