English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Liverpool vs Watford
December 14, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019. Today’s match is Liverpool vs Watford.
Table toppers Liverpool host bottom placed Watford in their Premier League clash on Saturday. Liverpool have a chance to open an 11-point lead on the top of the Premier League Table .
Now unbeaten in 46 home league matches, the Reds will be aiming to maintain their dominance over Watford having won their last six meetings on Merseyside, scoring 21 and conceding one in that run.
Meanwhile, Watford travel to Anfield with their third permanent manager at the helm as Nigel Pearson kicks off a difficult end to 2019. The former Leicester boss will be hoping to add to the Hornets’ five points from their eight away matches in Liverpool, but that should prove easier said than done here.
The Hornets ended a three-match losing streak with a draw against Crystal Palace last time out and would leapfrog Norwich City with a win at Anfield.
Liverpool’s performance in EPL 2019:
Dejan Lovren was forced off early in the second half of Liverpool’s 2-0 win in Salzburg on Tuesday night and with Joel Matip ruled out, Joe Gomez should start alongside Virgil van Dijk.
Adam Lallana played no part in the Champions League and will hope to recover from a thigh issue in time for the welcome of Watford.
Nathaniel Clyne and Fabinho join Matip on the sidelines with Jurgen Klopp likely to rotate for the welcome of Watford.
Xherdan Shaqiri, Divock Origi, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and James Milner are among those who could come into the side.
Watford performance in EPL 2019:
Nigel Pearson takes charge of his first Premier League match as Watford boss and is unable to call upon Jose Holebas, Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley and Sebastian Prodl for the daunting trip to Liverpool.
Craig Dawson and Daryl Janmaat will be assessed with respective head and knee injuries.
It remains to be seen how Pearson sets his Hornets side up at Anfield, but he could name the same XI that started the 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace.
Liverpool vs Watford: Predicted Line-up
Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner, Jordan Henderson; Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah.
Ben Foster; Kiko Femenia, Christian Kabasele, Craig Cathcart, Adam Masina; Abdoulaye Doucoure, Etienne Capoue; Ismaila Sarr, Roberto Pereyra, Gerard Deulofeu; Troy Deeney.
EPL 2019: Liverpool vs Watford Prediction
- Liverpool have won their last three Premier League home matches against Watford 6-1, 5-0 and 5-0. No side have won four consecutive home matches by a margin of five or more goals against an opponent in top-flight history.
- Mohamed Salah has been involved in seven goals in four Premier League appearances against Watford, while Sadio Mane has contributed to eight goals in five matches against them for Liverpool, and Roberto Firmino has scored or assisted eight in his last six against them.
- Liverpool have scored a league-high 10 headed goals this season, more than Watford have scored in total in 2019/20 (nine).
- Since winning 1-0 in their first Premier League visit to Anfield in August 1999, Watford have lost their last five away against Liverpool by an aggregate score of 20-1.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 46 PL home matches.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 15 home matches in Premier League while they have scored at least 4 goals in their last 3 home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Liverpool’s last 8 home games in PL.
- Liverpool have won their last 6 home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Watford have failed to win 19 of their last 20 matches in PL.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Liverpool have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Watford in all competitions.