English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Man City vs Leicester
December 21, 2019
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Man City welcome high-flying Leicester City to the Etihad Stadium on Saturday evening in a match which pits third against second in the Premier League table.
The champions trail their visitors by four points after 17 games of the season, while both teams will be looking to take the opportunity to close the gap on runaway leaders Liverpool, who are away on Club World Cup duty.
Man City’s performance in EPL 2019:
Sergio Aguero returned to training at the start of the week but was not risked in Wednesday’s League Cup quarter-final win over Oxford. It’s unclear whether he is fit enough to start or whether Gabriel Jesus will continue up front.
Phil Foden has started Manchester City’s last three matches and will hope to continue in midfield with David Silva still nursing his way back to a full recovery.
Neither Bernardo Silva nor Riyad Mahrez are at their best and both could find themselves on the bench for the second straight league match if Foden is preferred on the wing.
Leicester City’s performance in EPL 2019:
After only managing a 1-1 draw with Norwich last weekend, Brendan Rodgers may revert back to a 4-5-1 formation at the Etihad, with Kelechi Iheanacho dropped against his former club.
Matty James is the only absentee.
Man City vs Leicester Predicted line-up:
Ederson; Kyle Walker, Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho, Benjamin Mendy; Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan; Kevin De Bruyne, Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling; Gabriel Jesus.
Kasper Schmeichel; Ricardo Pereira, Caglar Soyuncu, Jonny Evans, Ben Chilwell; Ayoze Perez, Youri Tielemans, Wilfred Ndidi, James Maddison, Harvey Barnes; Jamie Vardy.
EPL 2019: Man City vs Leicester Prediction
- The Foxes have won more games, lost half as many and conceded eight fewer goals than Saturday’s hosts so far this season, while they also boast the division’s best goal difference ahead of even Liverpool.
- Man City have won six of the last seven meetings with Leicester across all competitions and boast a far superior head-to-head record over the entire history of the fixture with 59 wins compared to 30 for Leicester.
- Man City have won 249 Premier League matches since January 1, 2010. They could become only the second team in English top-flight history to reach 250 victories in a single decade, after Manchester United’s 255 in the 2000s.
- Leicester have won their last four Premier League away matches by an aggregate score of 17-1. The Foxes have never previously won five consecutive away matches in the top flight.
- Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has the most goals in the EPL this season, with 16, while Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne has the most assists, with nine. They are the top two players for most goal involvements in the competition (Vardy 19, De Bruyne 15).
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 15 of their last 18 EPL matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 8 EPL games.
- Leicester have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away EPL matches.