English Premier League Match Prediction: Tottenham vs Chelsea
December 22, 2019,
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Jose Mourinho will be aiming to make it five wins from six matches as Tottenham Hotspur head coach when they host Chelsea in the PL. A victory would mean Spurs leapfrogging Chelsea into the top four of the English Premier League. They are coming on the back of a 2-1 win over Wolves.
Meanwhile, The Blues are seeking a sixth away win of the season on their first visit to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. They are coming on the back of a 1-0 loss against Bournemouth.
Tottenham’s performance in EPL 2019:
Spurs coach Jose Mourinho is without no fewer than five players for the welcome of Chelsea.
Hugo Lloris, Michel Vorm, Erik Lamela, Ben Davies and Tanguy Ndombele sit this one out.
Mourinho appears to have settled on this being his preferred team for now and an unchanged line-up is highly likely for this London derby.
There are no new injury concerns coming into this clash with Chelsea and Mourinho is likely to field a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Chelsea’s performance in EPL 2019:
Fikayo Tomori and Olivier Giroud will both be assessed, but Frank Lampard may not risk the pair with the games coming thick and fast.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek is still some way from full match fitness, so misses out.
Kurt Zouma is set to continue alongside Antonio Rudiger, while Mateo Kovacic may come in for Mason Mount.
Frank Lampard is expected to make a couple of changes after such a flat display and he may decide to bring the in-form Kovacic back in.
With the attack struggling for inspiration, he may also be inclined to bring Hudson-Odoi in with either Pulisic or Willian dropping out.
Chelsea are expected to field a 4-3-3 formation again.
Tottenham vs Chelsea Predicted Line-up:
Paulo Gazzaniga; Serge Aurier, Davinson Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen; Moussa Sissoko, Eric Dier; Lucas Moura, Dele Alli, Son Heung-min; Harry Kane.
Kepa Arrizabalaga; Reece James, Antonio Rudiger, Kurt Zouma, Emerson; Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Kovacic; Willian, Tammy Abraham, Christian Pulisic.
Tottenham vs Chelsea: Today's Match Prediction
- Spurs head coach Jose Mourinho has won 12 and lost none of his 13 home matches in all competitions against teams he has previously managed, including winning all three against Chelsea.
- Dele Alli has scored five goals in his last four Premier League meetings with Chelsea. Against no side has he scored more goals in the competition.
- Chelsea have had 53 different Premier League goal scorers against Spurs, excluding own goals, more than any club has had against another in the competition.
- No team has won more English Premier League London derbies than Chelsea, who have been victorious 128 times, level with Arsenal.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 8 away games in PL.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Tottenham’s last 5 PL games.
- Tottenham are undefeated in their last 6 home matches in PL.
- Spurs have won 3 of their last 5 PL games against Chelsea (lost other 2), as many as they had in their previous 20 games against them in the PL.