Euro 2020 Qualifiers Predictions: Spain vs Romania
November 19, 2019,
Wanda Metropolitano, Spain
Spain will look to round off their Euro 2020 qualifier campaign in style when they meet Group F rivals Romania at the Wanda Metropolitano on Monday night. They have already booked their Euro 2020 tickets as the group leaders. Meanwhile, Romania’s hopes of progressing from the group ended following a 2-0 defeat to Sweden on Thursday.
Spain’s performance in European Qualifiers:
Real Madrid forward Marco Asensio continues to sit on the sidelines after suffering a severe knee ligament injury over the summer, while teammate Nacho will not return until January.
Valencia duo Rodrigo and Carlos Soler are ruled out along with Iago Aspas, who continues to recover from a back injury.
There might be opportunities for youngsters given Spain have already book their tickets.
Spain are likely to field a 4-3-3 line-up.
Possible starting XI: David de Gea; Dani Carvajal, Pau Torres, Sergio Ramos, Jose Luis Gaya; Sergio Busquets, Thiago Alcantara, Saul Niguez; Mikel Oyarzabal, Paco Alcacer, Dani Olmo.
Romania’s performance in European Qualifiers:
Denis Alibec looks likely to start the game after the forward demonstrated some bright moments during a 15-minute cameo against Sweden.
Ianis Hagi, son of World Cup 1994 star Gheorghe Hagi, is also expected to receive a start having come on at half time in Romania’s last game.
Romania are likely to stick to the 4-4-2 formation they field in the last Euro 2020 game.
Possible starting lineup: Ciprian Tatarusanu; Vasile Mogos, Adrian Rus, Ionut Nedelcearu, Nicusor Bancu; Ciprian Deac, Tudor Baluta, Ianis Hagi, Alexandru Mitrita; George Puscas, Denis Alibec.
Euro 2020 Qualifiers Predicted Results:
- Romania have won four of their last 8 Euro 2020 games. Romania have only lost three times in their last 18 matches, winning 11 but it’s the loss tally that’s expected to increase when they face Spain.
- Spain are undefeated in their last 9 European Championship matches and 10 overall. They have won 8 and are likely to register a win again.
- Spain have scored in their last 39 matches. They have scored at least twice in 12 of their last 15 matches and are more than likely to do so once again.
- Spain have only conceded five goals in their last ten matches but might fail to maintain that.
- There have been 53 goals in Spain’s last 14 matches. Expect another goal-fest.
- Spain are unbeaten in 27 (W24 D3) EURO and World Cup qualifiers, since a 2-1 loss in Slovakia in October 2014.
- Romania’s last seven goals have been scored in the second half. They might be able to do that once again.
- Claudiu Keșerü has scored seven goals in his last ten games for Romania. He took 29 internationals to score his first six goals.
- George Pușcaș has scored five goals in his last eight games for Romania.
- Spain have scored 26 goals in the Euro 2020 qualifiers so far. Expect them to sign off with another goal-fest.
- 23 of Spain’s last 32 goals have been scored in the second half of matches. Another big 2nd half is on plate.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix