Europa League Predictions: Arsenal vs Eintracht Frankfurt
November 29, 2019,
Emirates Stadium, London
Arsenal go into their Europa League contest with Eintracht Frankfurt off the back of a six-game winless run across all competitions as pressure begins to mount on Unai Emery. They face a Frankfurt side whose 5-1 demolition of Bayern Munich led to the sacking of Niko Kovac, and a similar result in London could see the Spaniard meet the same fate.
However, a win against their German opponents would be enough for Arsenal to secure their status as group winners, and just a point is needed to guarantee their place in the knockout stages. They are 4 points clear on top and only a defeat, coupled with a few other results going against them can stop their progress to the next round of the UEFA Europa League.
Meanwhile, Frankfurt need to better or match Standard Liege’s performances in the next 2 games.
Arsenal’s performance in the Europa League:
Arsenal are without on-loan midfielder Dani Ceballos due to a thigh problem. The Gunners must also assess Sead Kolasinac, Rob Holding and Bukayo Saka, who are all struggling with injuries and may not be risked.
However, Unai Emery is likely to make as many changes as he can, as is his policy with the early rounds of the cup competitions.
Unai Emery is likely to stick to the 4-2-3-1 formation he prefers with chances for youngsters.
Expected starting XI: Emiliano Martinez; Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, Sokratis, Kieran Tierney; Lucas Torreira, Joe Willock; Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Emile Smith Rowe, Reiss Nelson; Gabriel Martinelli.
Eintracht Frankfurt’s performance in the Europa League:
Eintracht Frankfurt are without two long-term absentees in defender Marco Russ and goalkeeper Kevin Trapp.
Aside from the pair, they have a fully-fit squad to choose from.
They are likely to stick to 3-5-2.
Expected starting XI: Frederick Ronnow; David Abraham, Makoto Hasebe, Martin Hinteregger; Danny Da Costa, Gelson Fernandes, Sebastian Rode, Djibril Sow, Filip Kostic; Goncalo Paciencia, Andre Silva.
Today’s Football Match Prediction:
- Arsenal have failed to win in their last six games across all competitions and the pressure is growing on under-fire coach Unai Emery. They might once again have to be contempt with less than 3 points.
- Arsenal had won the reverse fixture 3-0 in what was the first meeting between the two sides. However, things were different back then and it’s completely different at the moment. Don’t expect it to be that easy for Arsenal.
- Eintracht Frankfurt have won just 1 of their 6 away games against English opponents but this might be the perfect opportunity. To give them some boost, Arsenal have lost more European home games against German sides than they have against opponents from any country- 6.
- If Arsenal avoid defeat, it would see them progress from the group stages of European competition for the 20th consecutive season.
- Eintracht Frankfurt have lost 2 of their 4 Europa League games this season, more than they had in their last 18 games in the competition.
- Arsenal have scored 11 goals in 4 games so far and are likely to add a few more. They have conceded just 3 but that tally looks set to deteriorate.
- Gabriel Martinelli has scored 3 goals in 4 games and should add to that tally.
- Arsenal are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 Europa League games.
We are eager to see the Europa League Final Results this season and hope these predictions helped you.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix