UEFA Europa league Match Prediction: Astana vs Manchester United
November 28, 2019,
Manchester United play host to Astana in the Europa League game on Thursday knowing a win will secure them the top spot in group. United have won 3 and drawn 1 of their 4 games so far. Meanwhile, Astana cannot qualify for the knockout stage having lost all four group games, conceding 14 goals and scoring just once in the process.
United are the only side yet to concede in the UEFA Europa League this season and are expected to triumph on Thursday even with a weakened side.
Astana’s performance in the Europa League:
Astana are out of the Europa League and it remains to be seen how they will line up on Thursday.
Firmin Mubele is injured for the home side and won’t feature here.
Evgeny Postnikov and Yuriy Pertsukh will miss Astana’s last group game if they are booked on Thursday.
They are likely to field a 4-5-1 formation.
Manchester United’s performance in the Europa League:
Manchester United make the long trip to Kazakhstan on Thursday and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may leave a number of first-team players in England having already secured qualification from Group L.
Axel Tuanzebe, Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard, Mason Greenwood, James Garner and Juan Mata should all get starts on Thursday night, while Solskjaer will also hope to see Luke Shaw and Nemanja Matic make returns from injury.
Phil Jones had a nightmare performance against Sheffield United on Sunday and was promptly taken off at half-time. He could get an immediate chance to make things right on Thursday.
Youngsters like Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong and Dylan Levitt will hope to benefit with first-team opportunities in midweek.
United are likely to stick to 4-2-3-1.
Astana vs Manchester United: Predicted line-up
Nenad Eric; Dmitriy Shomko, Zarko Tomasevic, Luka Simunovic, Antonio Rukavina; Dorin Rotariu, yuriy Pertsukh, Ivan Maevsi, Runar Mar Sigurjonsson, Abzal Beysebekov; Sergei Khizhinichenko.
Sergio Romero; Ashley Young, Axel Tuanzebe, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw; Nemanja Matic, James Garner, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Tahith Chong; Mason Greenwood.
Europa League: Astana vs Manchester United Prediction
- Man Utd have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 UEFA Europa League matches, including in the first four this season. No side has ever managed to keep a clean sheet in the opening 5 group stage games of Europa League. However, don’t be surprised if that happens, as Astana have scored just 1 goal in the campaign so far.
- Astana have lost their last 5 UEFA Europa League matches while Man Utd are undefeated in their last 15 UEFA Europa League matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in FC Astana’s last 3 UEFA Europa League games. However, United have had just 1 shot on target, that too from the penalty spot, in their last 2 away games. So, don’t expect this to be a high scoring game.
- FC Astana have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 UEFA Europa League matches and might end up doing so once again.
- Mason Greenwood, who scored his first Premier League goal on Sunday, has been involved in 60 percent of United’s goals in Europa League so far. He has 2 goals and an assist. Expect him to continue his run.
We are eager to see the Europa League Final Results this season and hope these predictions helped you.