International Friendlies Match: Peru vs Colombia Prediction
November 16, 2019,
Hard Rock Stadium, Florida
During a busy Euro 2020 qualifiers period, Copa America foes Peru and Colombia take on each other in a friendly. Both sides have struggled to find form and are reeling since the completion of Copa America.
Colombia are on a three-game scoreless run, and they have averaged just 1.2 goals scored per game over their last 10 outings. Both sides are undergoing testing processes for new players and while Colombia have looked better on paper, Peru have the better recent form.
Given the situation both teams find themselves in, don’t expect this to be a highly entertaining affair, a dull game is on cards.
Peru’s performance in International Friendlies:
Peru manager Ricardo Gareca has not made too many changes to the squad that plays on a regular basis.
Andre Carrillo and Christian Cueva have both been left out due to their poor form in recent months.
Peru are likely to use a 4-1-4-1 formation.
Colombia’s performance in International Friendlies:
Colombia enter this game on a five-game winless streak across all competitions (D4, L1) and that run has put manager Carlos Queiroz under pressure, particularly because Los Cafeteros have not scored in four of those games, including each of the last three. They are coming off a 3-0 defeat against Algeria in their most recent friendly match.
Full-back Johan Mojica has been left out of the squad due to an injury. Arguably, the return of James Rodriguez is the biggest news for Los Cafeteros, although they will still be missing Radamel Falcao and Duvan Zapata up front. Juan Fernando Quintero has not been included since he is not 100% fit yet.
They are expected to use a 4-4-2 formation.
Peru vs Colombia: Possible line -up
Pedro Gallese; Luis Advíncula, Carlos Zambrano, Luis Abram, Miguel Trauco; Renato Tapia; Cristofer Gonzales, Yoshimar Yotun, Gabriel Costa, Edison Flores; Paolo Guerrero.
David Ospina; Santiago Arias, Davinson Sánchez, Yerry Mina, William Tesillo; Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, Wilmar Barrios, Mateus Uribe, James Rodríguez; Luis Muriel, Roger Martínez.
International Friendlies: Peru vs Colombia Prediction
- Peru’s last four games have ended with two or fewer goals scored in total and, out of their last 10 games, just three have seen both sides scoring.
- Peru have won just three of their last 10 games in all competitions (W3, D3, L4) and are coming off a 1-1 draw against Uruguay at home in their most recent match. In fact, they have only beaten Brazil in the 4 games they have played since the Copa America final. However, they might be able to edge Colombia on Saturday.
- Scoring has been quite an issue for Peru in recent games, as they have scored one or fewer goals in each of their last five outings. Don’t expect them to run riot on Saturday either as they are up against a Colombian defence which has kept 2 clean sheet in the last 4 games.
- Colombia have not won a game since their pen shootout loss to Chile in the Copa America Quarter final. They are coming on the back of a 3-0 loss to Algeria and might struggle to break Peru.
- Colombia have scored just 2 goals in their last 4 games, all of them came in a single game. They might find it tough to score against a Peru defence which has conceded just 4 goals in 4 games.