La Liga Match Prediction: Barcelona vs Mallorca
December 8, 2019,
Camp Nou, Barcelona
Barcelona vs Mallorca – League leaders Barcelona host struggling Mallorca in their la liga clash on Saturday. The game will see Lionel Messi present his 6th Ballon d’Or award to the Camp Nou crowd. Barca are top, level on points with Real Madrid despite both the teams playing 1 game less than the rest of the teams. Meanwhile, Mallorca are just 1 point clear of relegation zone.
Barcelona’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Lionel Messi will take to the field for the first time since winning his sixth Ballon d’Or crown, with the Argentine pipping Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk to the individual honour earlier this week. The trophy will also be displayed in the ground.
Sergio Busquets’s suspension is over but he misses with injury.
Jordi Alba is still out with a muscle problem.
Gerard Pique had to be substituted against Atletico after picking up a heavy blow to his knee, but the centre-back is available to take to the field this weekend.
Ivan Rakitic is likely to start as Arthur misses with injury. Arthur and Ansu Fati did specific work separate from the rest of the squad. Iñaki Peña is also included in the squad and might get a chance.
Out due to injury are Nelson Semedo, Arthur, Ousmane Dembélé, Jordi Alba and Ansu Fati. Junior Furpo is also omitted from the squad.
Carles Alena might start in the midfield.
Mallorca’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Lago Junior is still struggling with a knock, so on-loan Real Madrid midfielder Takefusa Kubo should start on the left wing. Cucho Hernandez and Iddrisu Baba are on the sidelines through injury. Josep Sene and Junior Lago could both come into the starting team.
Fran Gamez will start at left-back for Mallorca, with Lumor Agbenyenu suspended for picking up two yellow cards last time out against Betis.
Both Baba and Joan Sastre are just one yellow card away from a one-game ban.
They are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Barcelona vs Mallorca: Predicted line-up
Marc-Andre Ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Gerard Pique, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti; Frenkie De Jong, Ivan Rakitic, Carles Alena; Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann.
Manolo Reina; Joan Sastre, Fran Gamez, Martin Valjent, Antonio Raillo; Salva Sevilla, Iddrisu Baba, Aleix Fabas; Daniel Rodriguez, Ante Budimir, Takefusa Kubo.
La Liga 2019-20 Predictions: Barcelona vs Mallorca
- Lionel Messi has scored 9 goals and has 5 assists in the league so far. Expect him to add to these numbers.
- Mallorca have conceded 23 goals so far in La Liga. Meanwhile, Barca have scored 36 goals. Barcelona have scored at least 4 goals in their last 3 home matches in LaLiga. Expect Barca to score at least a couple more.
- Barcelona have won their last 13 home matches in La Liga while Mallorca have lost their last 6 away matches in the tournament.
- Barcelona have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 5 home matches in La Liga which hints at a charge from the very first whistle.
- Barcelona have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 5 matches against Mallorca in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Barcelona’s last 6 home games in La Liga while there have been over 2.5 goals scored in Mallorca’s last 5 games in the league.
- Barcelona have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches against Mallorca in all competitions. However, they have managed just one in their last 4 games in all competitions.
- Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches against Mallorca in all competitions while Mallorca have conceded at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 away matches in La Liga.
- Mallorca have won just one of their last six league games and remain winless on the road this season.