La Liga Match Prediction: Valencia vs Real Madrid
December 16, 2019
Mestalla Stadium, Valencia
Real Madrid will go in search of their fifth straight La Liga victory on Sunday night when they travel to the Mestalla to face Valencia. Los Blancos are currently second in la liga- level on points with leaders Barcelona.
Meanwhile, Valencia sit eighth having picked up 26 points from their first 16 matches of the campaign. They are coming on the back of a 1-0 win over Ajax in the Champions League which helped them book their spot in the knockout round.
Valencia’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Valencia have a fairly substantial injury list heading into this weekend’s contest, with the likes of Cristiano Piccini, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev and Geoffrey Kondogbia still on the sidelines.
Kevin Gameiro and Maxi Gomez are also out due to injury, so Rodrigo should start unchallenged up front.
Jasper Cillessen is still sidelined with a calf injury, so Jaume Domenech will feature in between the sticks.
Manu Vallejo and Ferran Torres are expected to be deployed in the wide areas by Albert Celades.
Albert Celades’s side have beaten Villarreal and Levante in their last two la liga games to move into eighth position in the table with a record of seven wins, five draws and four defeats.
They are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Real Madrid’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Ferland Mende is banned for the away side, which will see Nacho start at left back.
Eden Hazard, Lucas Vazquez, James Rodriguez and Marco Asensio remain unavailable for selection, while it seems unlikely that key midfielder Casemiro will be risked as a booking for the Brazilian against Valencia would rule him out of next week’s Clasico at Camp Nou.
Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale are expected to lead the line for Real Madrid.
Luka Modric will likely help to pack the midfield owing to Zinedine Zidane having injuries to key attackers.
Real are likely to use a 4-3-1-2 formation.
Valencia vs Real Madrid: Predicted line-up
Jaume Domenech; Daniel Wass, Ezequiel Garay, Gabriel Paulist, Jose Gaya; Carlos Soler, Francis Coquelin, Daniel Parejo; Manu Vallejo, Rodrigo Moreno, Ferran Torres.
Thibaut Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos, Nacho; Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Federico Valverde; Luka Modric; Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema.
La Liga 2019-20 Predictions: Valencia vs Real Madrid
- Valencia have seen over 2.5 goals in 11 of their last 12 matches against Real Madrid in all competitions. Expect that run to continue.
- Real Madrid have won their last 4 matches in La Liga.
- Valencia are undefeated in their last 9 home matches in La Liga. However, this run might end on Sunday night.
- Real Madrid have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in La Liga.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Valencia’s last 3 games in La Liga.
- Valencia have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Real Madrid in all competitions.
- Karim Benzema has scored 11 goals in la liga 2019-20 so far and is likely to add to that tally. In addition, he also has 5 assists.