La Liga Match Prediction: Barcelona vs Alaves
December 21, 2019
Camp Nou, Barcelona
After a lacklustre performance in the El Clasico against Real Madrid, Barcelona host 14th placed Alaves in la liga to continue piling pressure on Real Madrid on top of the la liga table. They are currently levelled in terms of points.
They have drawn their last two games in LaLiga, dropping points against Real Sociedad and Real Madrid.
Alaves, meanwhile, are coming on the back of a second-round defeat against Real Jaen in the Copa del Rey. They are winless in 4 games.
Barcelona’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Sergio Busquets was unfit to feature in El Clasico in midwee,k but should be ready to return to the midfield on Saturday.
Nelson Semedo is also expected to get the nod at right-back ahead of Sergi Roberto.
Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti will battle it out to feature at centre-back alongside Gerard Pique.
While Lionel Messi leads the goal-scorer chart, he has been brilliantly supported by Luis Suarez, who has scored 9 goals, and Antoine Griezmann, who has 6 in the league so far.
Alaves performance in La Liga 2019:
Victor Laguardia and Mubarak Wakaso both return from suspension and should come back into the side at centre-back and in central midfield, respectively.
Ximo Navarro is expected to replace Martin at right back owing to Asier Garitano wanting to keep things tight at the back.
Oliver Burke and Aleix Vidal should feature out wide as one striker is sacrificed, leaving Joselu likely to feature from the bench.
Tomas Pina remains sidelined.
Alaves are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Barcelona vs Alaves Predicted line-up:
Marc-Andre ter Stegen; Nelson Semedo, Gerard Pique, Clement Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Ivan Rakitic, Frenkie de Jong, Sergio Busquets; Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann.
Fernando Pacheco; Ruben Duarte, Victor Laguardia, Rodrigo Ely, Ximo Navarro; Pere Pons, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso; Oliver Burke, Lucas Perez, Aleix Vidal.
La Liga 2019-20: Barcelona vs Alaves Predictions
- Alaves are winless in their last 4 games.
- Barcelona have lost just one of their last 18 games across all competitions.
- Lionel Messi leads la liga goal-scorer chart with 12 goals. He has been brilliantly supported by Luis Suarez, who has scored 9 goals, and Antoine Griezmann, who has 6 in the league so far.
- Lucas Perez is Alaves’ top scorer in la liga. He has scored 8 goals. He also has 2 assists to go with it.
- Barcelona are undefeated in their last 20 home matches in la liga.
- Barcelona have won 9 of their last 10 home matches against Alaves in all competitions.
- Barcelona have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 home matches against Alaves in all competitions.
- Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in 9 of their last 10 home matches against Alaves in all competitions.
- Alaves have lost 6 of their last 7 away matches in la liga.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Alaves’ last 6 away games in la liga.
- Deportivo Alaves have conceded at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 away matches in la liga.