La Liga Match Prediction: Barcelona vs Real Sociedad
December 14, 2019,
Barcelona travel to face Real Sociedad in la liga on Saturday with a chance to go 3 points clear of Real Madrid on the top of the ladder. Barcelona are coming on the back of a 2-1 win over Inter Milan in the Champions League despite not fielding their best XI. They won their last la liga game against Mallorca 5-2.
Meanwhile, Sociedad also have a chance to close their gap on 3rd placed Sevilla. Sociedad have been inconsistent and have dropped points in 4 of their last 6 games.
Barcelona’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Barcelona will be fresh for the Barcelona vs Real Sociedad match this weekend after resting several first-team faces in their midweek Champions League game against Inter Milan, including Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets and Gerard Pique.
Jordi Alba is still an injury doubt for the away side, which will see Junior Firpo continue at left-back.
Ivan Rakitic is expected to get another chance in central midfield after some recent outings.
Nelson Semedo is still recovering from injury, which should lead to Sergi Roberto retaining his place at right-back.
Ansu Fati will hope to usurp Antoine Griezmann in the team after his impact from the bench against Inter on Tuesday.
Real Sociedad’s performance in La Liga 2019:
Joseba Zaldua is back after suspension for the home side and will return at right-back for the Barcelona vs Real Sociedad match.
Robin Le Normand is sidelined due to a ban, however, with Igor Zubeldia expected to partner Diego Llorente at centre-back.
Ander Guevara should anchor the midfield for Imanol Alguacil’s men. They are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Barcelona vs Real Sociedad: Predicted line-up
Marc-Andre ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Gerard Pique, Clement Lenglet, Junior Firpo; Frenkie De Jong, Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitic; Antoine Griezmann, Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi.
Alex Remiro; Joseba Zaldua, Diego Llorente, Igor Zubeldia, Nacho Monreal; Martin Odegaard, Ander Guevara, Mikel Merino; Portu, Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose.
La Liga 2019-20 Predictions: Barcelona vs Real Sociedad
- Barcelona have won their last 7 matches against Real Sociedad in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Barcelona’s last 8 games in La Liga, with Barcelona scoring at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 10 la liga matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Real Sociedad’s last 6 home games in La Liga.
- Real Sociedad have seen over 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Barcelona in all competitions.
- Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Real Sociedad in all competitions.
- Sociedad secured their fourth clean sheet of the season last time out, but will face a sterner test this weekend.
- Lionel Messi is the top scorer in la liga 2019-20 and is almost certain to add to his tally of 12 la liga goals on Saturday. He also has 5 assists and might set up Luis Suarez, who has 8 goals, or Antoine Griezmann, who has 5 goals, to increase his tally.
- Willian Jose has scored 7 la liga goals for Sociedad this season and might add to his tally given the defensive fragility of Barcelona, who have conceded 18 goals in la liga 2019-20.