English Premier League Match Prediction: Man City vs Everton
Jan 1, 2020,
Eithad Stadium, Manchester
Everton will be looking to continue their 100% start under Ancelotti when they travel to the champions Man City on New Year’s Day.
Man City returned to winning ways in the EPL with a 2-0 home win against Sheffield United on Sunday, and would be looking to continue their momentum.
Meanwhile, Carlo Ancelotti has won his first two games in charge of Everton but faces his toughest test to date here.
This is only the third ever meeting between the two managers and Ancelotti won the previous two when his Real Madrid side beat Pep’s Bayern Munich twice in the Champions League semi-finals in 2014.
Despite Ancelotti’s superior head-to-head record with Guardiola, City are favourites and expected to win on New Year’s Day.
Man City’s performance in EPL 2019:
Ederson returns from suspension and will regain his place in goal.
Gabriel Jesus was fit enough to make the bench against Sheffield United but Sergio Aguero is expected to start here.
John Stones and David Silva are still doubtful while long term absentees Leroy Sane and Aymeric Laporte are out.
Ilkay Gundogan, Nicolas Otamendi and Benjamin Mendy will push for recalls against Everton.
Eric Garcia will hope to keep his place in central defence after City kept a clean sheet against Sheffield United on Sunday.
Everton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Fabian Delph should be recalled to the starting XI to face his former club.
Carlo Ancelotti may revert back to a three-man defence at the Etihad, with Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina and Lucas Digne returning to the side.
Alex Iwobi, Andre Gomes, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Cuco Martina are all still out while Beni Baningime and Morgan Schneiderlin are doubtful.
Man City vs Everton Line up:
Ederson; Kyle Walker, Eric Garcia, Fernandinho, Oleksandr Zinchenko; Kevin De Bruyne, Ilkay Gundogan, Rodrigo; Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling.
Jordan Pickford; Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane; Djibril Sidibe, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Fabian Delph, Lucas Digne; Bernard; Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison.
Man City vs Everton: Today's Match Prediction
- Man City kept their first clean sheet at home since October against Sheffield.
- Man City have won their last 4 matches against Everton in all competitions. They have never won 5 in a tow against the Toffees.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Everton’s last 6 away games in the English Premier League.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches against Everton in all competitions.
- Everton are undefeated in their last 5 matches PL.
- Kevin De Bruyne has scored 7 goals in addition to 12 assists. He is expected to add to his tally.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 10 EPL goals this season. He is just 1 behind Raheem Sterling, who is City’s top scorer this season.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been in great form of late. It has seen his EPL tally reach 8, 2 more than Richarlison.
- Everton are winless in their last 8 EPL away games against Man City (Draw-4, loss-4). However, 3 of their last 4 visits to Etihad have ended in draws.