Serie A League Match: Lazio vs Juventus Match Prediction
December 8, 2019,
Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Juventus travel to face Lazio in Serie A league after being leapfrogged by Inter Milan on the top of the table in Italy’s top league. They are yet to taste a defeat and are coming on the brink of a draw against Sassuolo despite having 29 shots.
Meanwhile, Lazio are coming on the back of a thumping 3-0 win over Udinese which sent them to 3rd in the table, just 6 points behind their opponent for the day- The Old Lady.
Lazio’s performance in the Serie A League:
Lazio are expected to confirm the same starting XI that featured against Udinese for this fixture.
Adam Marusic, Patric, Jordan Lukaku and Valon Berisha are still absent.
Lazio are likely to use a 3-5-2 formation.
Juventus’s performance in the Serie A League:
Wojciech Szczesny will return in goal on Saturday, while Blaise Matuidi is set to replace Emre Can in midfield.
Sami Khedira recently underwent surgery to resolve a knee injury and will be out until 2020.
Douglas Costa, Aaron Ramsey and Adrien Rabiot are also set to miss out due to injury even though Juve said they will evaluate Ramsey’s injury on a day to day basis.
Juventus are likely to use a 4-3-1-2 formation.
Lazio vs Juventus: Predicted line-up
Thomas Strakosha; Luiz Felipe, Francesco Acerbi, Stefan Radu; Senad Lulic, Luis Alberto, Lucas Leiva, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Manuel Lazzari; Ciro Immobile, Joaquin Correa.
Wojciech Szczesny; Juan Cuadrado, Leonardo Bonucci, Matthijs de Ligt, Alex Sandro; Blaise Matuidi, Miralem Pjanic, Rodrigo Bentancur; Federico Bernardeschi; Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala.
Serie A League: Lazio vs Juventus prediction
- Ciro Immobile leads Serie A goal scorer chart with 17 goals, 7 more than his nearest rival Romelu Lukaka. He has scored 11 more goals than Juve’s top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo. Expect Immobile to score again. However, it might be difficult for Ronaldo, who doesn’t look at his best yet. But he is CR7 and can’t be written off.
- Lazio have lost each of the last six games with Juventus at home and will try to change this poor record on Saturday.
- Inzaghi’s side have been in great form recently and have only conceded six goals at home so far this season.
- Juventus were unlucky to draw at home with Sassuolo despite creating a lot of chances in the second half, which allowed Inter to leapfrog them to the top of the league table.
- Juventus’ historical record against Lazio is very good, but Sarri’s side need to put in a better performance at both ends of the field, especially at the back given Lazio’s quality and Ciro Immobile’s unbelievable goalscoring form this season.
- Juventus have been drawing at half time and winning at full time in their last 4 away matches against Lazio in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Lazio’s last 9 games in Serie A with Lazio scoring at least 3 goals in their last 5 home matches in the league.
- Juventus have won 10 of their last 12 matches against Lazio in all competitions.
- Lazio have won their last 6 matches in Serie A. Meanwhile, Juventus are undefeated in their last 14 Serie A matches.