Serie A League Match: Fiorentina vs Inter Milan Match Prediction
December 16, 2019,
Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence
After being knocked out of the Champions League this week, Inter travel to face Fiorentina in Serie A on Sunday night. They have had a very strong Serie A season and led the points table going into the matchweek. They are yet to drop a point away from home so far.
On the other hand, Fiorentina have lost each of their last four Serie A games and Montella’s position as head coach has been under a lot of pressure recently.
Franck Ribery’s absences have played a big part in these poor results and the Viola need Federico Chiesa to step up and fill the attacking void over the next few weeks.
After a thumping win in the Carabao Cup, Chelsea host Brighton & Hove Albion FC side, who are unbeaten in their last 2 matches, in their Premier League clash as they look to shake off their shaky start and improve upon their position – they are currently ranked 11th. Chelsea will also be aiming to get their first home league win of the season.
Fiorentina’s performance in Serie A 2019:
There has been little to suggest that La Viola are capable of pushing for a European spot this term, though, as a total of 16 points has left them in 13th spot in the table. They have only won four of their 15 league outings this term and sit just five points clear of the relegation zone.
Franck Ribery underwent surgery this week to ease his recovery from an ankle injury he suffered against Lecce, meaning that the Frenchman will be out for the next two months.
Fiorentina will be unable to call upon the services of Kevin-Prince Boateng either.
Pol Lirola is pushing for a spot in the XI having been an unnamed substitute against Torino last time out, although 19-year-old forward Dusan Vlahovic is expected to continue in attack alongside Federico Chiesa.
Inter’s performance in Serie A 2019:
Alessandro Bastoni is expected to start in place of Diego Godin in defence, while Danilo D’Ambrosio and Valentino Lazaro will replace Antonio Candreva and Cristiano Biraghi as wing-backs.
As for Inter, Alexis Sanchez, Nicolo Barella and Stefano Sensi remain on the sidelines, while neither Kwadwo Asamoah nor Roberto Gagliardini are expected to be involved this weekend.
It would be fair to say that Conte’s squad is stretched at the moment, particularly in the middle of the park, where Borja Valero is likely to earn another start alongside Matias Vecino and Marcelo Brozovic.
There will be no change in attack with Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez set to continue their partnership.
Fiorentina vs Inter Milan: Predicted line-up
Bartlomiej Dragowski; Martin Caceres, German Pezzella, Nikola Milenkovic; Dalbert, Gaetano Castrovilli, Milan Badelj, Erick Pulgar, Pol Lirola; Federico Chiesa, Dusan Vlahovic.
Samir Handanovic; Milan Skriniar, Stefan De Vrij, Alessandro Bastoni; Valentino Lazaro, Borja Valero, Marcelo Brozovic, Matias Vecino, Danilo D’Ambrosio; Lautaro Martinez, Romelu Lukaku.
Serie A League: Fiorentina vs Inter Milan prediction
- Fiorentina have not won any of the last four Serie A matches between the two teams, although the corresponding match during the 2018-19 campaign ended in a 3-3 draw.
- Inter have won their last 7 away matches in Serie A.
- Inter have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 away matches in Serie A.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Inter’s last 5 away games in Serie A.
- Fiorentina have lost their last 4 matches in Serie A.
- Fiorentina have seen over 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches against Inter in all competitions.
- Inter have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 7 away matches in Serie A.
- Inter have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Fiorentina in all competitions.
- Fiorentina have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches (Serie A).
- Fiorentina are undefeated in their last 5 home matches against Inter in all competitions.