English Premier League Match Prediction: Tottenham vs Brighton
December 26, 2019,
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Tottenham Hotspur will look to bounce back quickly from their defeat to Chelsea when they host Brighton in their EPL clash on Boxing Day.
Spurs fell to a third defeat in five games across all competitions on Sunday, going down 2-0 to Chelsea in the English Premier League.
Brighton, meanwhile, are also coming on the back of a home defeat against Sheffield United and now just have one win in their last seven matches in the PL. They head into Boxing Day five points off the drop.
Spurs had lost to Brighton in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
Tottenham’s performance in EPL 2019:
Son Heung-Min starts a three-match ban for his straight red card for violent conduct in Sunday’s 2-0 defeat to Chelsea.
Jose Mourinho is therefore forced into at least one change for the Boxing Day welcome of Brighton but he may ponder others too.
Harry Winks, Tanguy Ndombele, Christian Eriksen and Danny Rose will all push for starts on Thursday.
Son’s unavailability could prompt Mourinho to hand Ryan Sessegnon his English Premier League debut for Tottenham. Otherwise a formation change could be on the cards.
Brighton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Brighton remain without Jose Izquierdo and Solly March for the Boxing Day trip to Tottenham.
Graham Potter will ponder changes after their 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United on Saturday. Fresh legs may be required here given the quick turnaround between matches.
Adam Webster was at fault for Sheffield United’s winner and Shane Duffy will hope to regain his place at centre-back here.
Aaron Connolly burst onto the scene with a double in Brighton’s win over Tottenham earlier in the season and will hope to start against the north London outfit here.
Tottenham vs Brighton Predicted line-up:
Paulo Gazzaniga; Serge Aurier, Davinson Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld, Danny Rose; Eric Dier, Harry Winks; Ryan Sessegnon, Dele Alli, Lucas Moura; Harry Kane.
Mat Ryan; Martin Montoya, Adam Webster, Lewis Dunk, Dan Burn; Aaron Mooy, Dale Stephens, Davy Propper; Pascal Gross; Neal Maupay, Aaron Connolly.
Tottenham vs Brighton: Today's Match Prediction
- Brighton have failed to score on their last three trips to Tottenham but Jose Mourinho should expect a tough game on Thursday.
- Harry Kane has fired a blank in four of his last five games.
- Neal Maupay is Brighton’s top EPL goal scorer this season with seven, at least five more than any other player.
- Spurs have won their last 3 top-flight home games against Brighton, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- Brighton are looking to complete their first ever league double over Spurs.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their 13 top-flight Boxing Day clash since losing at Portsmouth in 2013.
- Meanwhile, Brighton are winless in their last 10 Boxing Day games.
- Since Jose Mourinho’s first game in charge of Spurs, no club has conceded more goals across all competitions- 14- joint most with Arsenal.
- Son Heung-min was red carded for the 3rd time in 2019.
- Spurs have scored just 3 goals in their last 3 games.