English Premier League Match Prediction: Wolves vs Manchester City
December 28, 2019
Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Man City travel to Molineux to face Wolves in the EPL on Friday night with an intention to avenge their 2-0 loss to them in the return English Premier League fixtures in October. While Man City are riding on confidence after comfortable wins over Arsenal and Leicester in their last 2 EPL games, Wolves too are coming on the back of another come-from-behind win against Norwich.
Man City are 11 pts behind EPL leaders Liverpool (before the gameweek) on 3rd in the table while Wolves have a similar gap with City and are placed 6th. They are having another good season, which has seen them lose just 3 games in the EPL so far. However, they have played 9 draws.
Wolves performance in EPL 2019:
Nuno Espirito Santo has no fresh injury concerns for Friday’s welcome of Manchester City.
With the extra day of rest, Nuno may name an unchanged side from the weekend.
Adama Traore had scored a brace when the 2 sides met last time and might trouble the City defence once again.
Man City’s performance in EPL 2019:
Man City have won four on the bounce in all competitions since losing the Manchester derby earlier this month.
Sergio Aguero made his return from injury from the bench on Saturday. Pep Guardiola now needs to decide whether to start him or Gabriel Jesus on Friday.
Riyad Mahrez starred against former club Leicester but he has struggled to nail down a regular starting berth at City.
Rodrigo should return to the starting XI, but David Silva and John Stones look set to miss out through injury once again.
Angelino, Benjamin Mendy and Oleksandr Zinchenko compete to start at right-back.
Ilkay Gundogan picked up a knock against Leicester and that could pave the way for Phil Foden to start here, unless Bernardo Silva stays in central midfield.
Kevin De Bruyne had Man City fans worried when he limped off in the closing stages against Leicester, but he was quick to ease concerns over his fitness by insisting that it was only cramp and the Belgian should be available for this one.
Rodri, Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva are all one booking away from a ban.
Wolves vs Manchester City Line up:
Rui Patricio; Romain Saiss, Conor Coady, Leander Dendoncker; Matt Doherty, Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Jonny; Diogo Jota, Raul Jimenez, Adama Traore.
Ederson; Kyle Walker, Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho, Benjamin Mendy; Phil Foden, Rodrigo, Kevin de Bruyne; Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling.
Wolves vs Manchester City: Today's Match Prediction
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 9 EPL games.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 16 of their last 19 EPL matches.
- Wolves are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 EPL matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Wolves’ last 3 EPL games.
- Wolves have lost just 1 of their last 4 games against Man City in all competitions. They won 1 and drew 2- of which 1 they won on penalties.
- After Liverpool, Wolves have lost the least number of English Premier League games in 2019-20 so far. However, they have drawn 9 games- most in EPL 2019-20 so far.
- Wolves have only lost one of their last 13 league matches and have a super record against the top-six since the beginning of last season.
- Man City have only kept one clean sheet in their last 13 matches in all competitions.