UEFA Champions League (UCL) Match Prediction: Bayern Munich vs Tottenham Hotspur
December 12, 2019,
Allianz Arena, Munich
Bayern Munich vs Spurs will round off a thrilling UCL 2019-20 group B. The first Spurs vs Munich game in the UCL 2019-20 had seen Munich thrash Spurs 7-2. However, there is nothing to play for in this clash. Bayern are already guaranteed to finish first, while Spurs are guaranteed a second place finish.
Tottenham, though, will be out to avenge their 7-2 home loss at the hands of Bayern they suffered earlier in the year as Jose Mourinho gears up for his first away UCL match following his appointment.
Bayern Munich’s performance in UCL 2019-20:
Bayern should bounce back from successive league defeats against an under strength Spurs side here.
Bayern remain without Lucas Hernandez, Jann-Fiete Arp and, crucially, Niklas Sule.
Youngster Michael Cuisance is also expected to miss out after suffering an injury in training.
However, Jerome Boateng and Corentin Tolisso, who were both forced off in the 2-1 loss at Gladbach, have been declared fit for the welcome of Tottenham.
That said, both may not be risked in this dead rubber fixture.
Ahead of serving a domestic suspension at the weekend, Javi Martinez is also likely to start for the home side.
Tottenham Hotspur’s performance in UCL 2019-20:
Hugo Lloris, Erik Lamela, Michel Vorm and Ben Davies all miss out for Tottenham.
Tanguy Ndombele and Harry Winks both missed the 5-0 demolition job of Burnley on Saturday and may not be risked.
Jose Mourinho has hinted he will ring the changes and give the youngsters a chance to impress.
Harry Kane won’t travel to Munich, so Troy Parrott could lead the line, while Oliver Skipp, Kyle Walker-Peters and Ryan Sessegnon are all in line to start.
Toby Alderweireld, Dele Alli and Son Heung-min could be among the players who do not feature on Wednesday night.
Bayern Munich vs Tottenham: Predicted line-up
Sven Ulreich; Benjamin Pavard, David Alaba, Javi Martinez, Alphonso Davies; Joshua Kimmich, Leon Goretzka; Ivan Perisic, Thomas Muller, Serge Gnabry; Robert Lewandowski.
Alfie Whiteman; Kyle Walker-Peters, Juan Foyth, Davinson Sanchez, Danny Rose; Oliver Skipp, Eric Dier; Lucas Moura, Ryan Sessegnon, Giovani Lo Celso; Troy Parrott.
Champion's League: Bayern Munich vs Tottenham Prediction
- Robert Lewandowski’s free-scoring run has come to a halt at the wrong time, with the Poland international failing to net in each of the last two games. However, he has already scored 26 goals in the UCL 2019 and Bundesliga. Expect him to return to his goal-scoring form.
- Spurs have scored at least 4 goals in their last 3 UCL matches. However, they might not be able to repeat the heroics.
- Bayern have won their last 5 UCL matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Tottenham’s last 5 UCL games. Meanwhile, Bayern have scored at least 2 goals in 9 of their last 11 UCL matches.
- Tottenham have won their last 3 UCL matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Bayern’s last 6 UCL games.
- Bayern have only lost 1 of their 5 previous meetings with Spurs in all competitions.
- Spurs are looking to win consecutive away UCL matches for the first time, having won 4-0 at Red Star Belgrade in MD4.