English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Everton vs Arsenal
December 21, 2019
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019. The match of the day is Everton vs Arsenal.
Everton host Arsenal in Premier League (EPL) in what might be the last game in charge for Duncan Ferguson, as caretaker manager, this term, on Saturday. Everton haven’t lost 3 games under him, in 90 minutes, while 10th placed Arsenal are coming on the back of a thumping 3-0 defeat against Man City.
Everton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Carlo Ancelotti is expected to be confirmed as Everton manager before Saturday’s game but the Italian is not expected to take over properly until after this match. It means Duncan Ferguson will oversee things for the fourth game in a row.
Everton are not expected to recover any of their injured players in time for Saturday’s game. That leaves Ferguson limited in terms of potential changes. The Toffees will at least hope to have Gylfi Sigurdsson and Djibril Sidibe back from illness.
Arsenal’s performance in EPL 2019:
Arsenal expect to have former captain Mikel Arteta in their dug-out on Saturday, as they close in on appointing the Manchester City assistant manager as Unai Emery’s long-term successor.
Sead Kolasinac is a major doubt for Saturday’s trip to Goodison Park due to an ankle injury suffered in last weekend’s defeat to Manchester City. With Kieran Tierney also ruled out, Arsenal have a real problem at left-back.
Sokratis is suspended for one match due to an accumulation of bookings, which should pave the way for David Luiz to start at Everton.
If Calum Chambers is required at full-back to cover for Arsenal’s defensive injuries, the Gunners may have no choice but to play Shkodran Mustafi. Konstantinos Mavropanos is also an option, albeit an inexperienced one.
Granit Xhaka has missed Arsenal’s last two matches due to the concussion protocol but should be available to play on Saturday.
Alexandre Lacazette has dropped down the pecking order under interim manager Freddie Ljungberg and will hope to return to the starting XI if Arteta is appointed in time.
Everton vs Arsenal Predicted line-up:
Jordan Pickford; Seamus Coleman, Michael Keane, Yerry Mina, Leighton Baines; Bernard, Mason Holgate, Tom Davies, Alex Iwobi; Richarlison, Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Bernd Leno; Calum Chambers, Konstantinos Mavropanos, David Luiz, Ainsley Maitland-Niles; Lucas Torreira, Matteo Guendouzi, Granit Xhaka; Nicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
EPL 2019: Everton vs Arsenal Prediction
- Tenth-placed Arsenal are aiming for back-to-back away wins as they attempt to go level on points with Manchester United in sixth.
- Everton won this exact fixture 1-0 in April but have not triumphed in back-to-back league matches against Arsenal since a run of three between March 1985 and April 1986.
- Since losing 6-2 at home to Tottenham Hotspur in December last year, Everton have won four of their last five home Premier League matches against London sides (D1).
- Arsenal have won more matches, 33, and scored more goals, 107, against Everton than they have against any other side in the English Premier League (EPL).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s 11 goals have been worth 11 points to Arsenal this season, more than any other player in PL. He has scored in six of the Gunners’ last seven league wins, including four out of five this term.
- Saturday’s encounter will represent the 212th competitive meeting between the two clubs, with Arsenal registering 105 wins in comparison to 61 victories for Everton.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 5 PL games. They have conceded at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 PL matches.