UEFA Euro Qualifiers Prediction: France vs Turkey
October 15, 2019,
Stade de France, France
France host Turkey in the top of table clash in Euro qualifiers. They have 18 points from 7 games but having beaten France at home, Turkey find themselves on top of Group H due to the head to head record. The winner will seal the Euro 2020 Qualifiers finals berth and will likely progress as the group winners. Iceland are 6 points behind on the 3rd place with 3 games to go.
After scrapping to a 1-0 win in their last game against Iceland, France know they must be at their best if they have to avenge their loss.
Meanwhile, Turkey too edged Albania 1-0, needing a last-minute winner, and know they must repeat the heroics from their last head to head if they have to trouble the world champions. However, they know even a point will keep them in hunt to top the group.
France's performance in Euro 2020 Qualifiers:
France miss a number of stars and are far from their best. Hugo Lloris, Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, Ousmane Dembele, Anthony Martial, Kylian Mbappe, Lucas Hernandez, Paul Pogba and the list goes on.
N’Golo Kante picked up an injury against Iceland. However, coach Didier Deschamps has played down any concern. He is in doubt for the game.
Olivier Giroud is expected to lead the line with support from Antoine Griezmann, but the likes of Tanguy Ndombele and Wissam Ben Yedder are among those pushing for positions in the team.
They are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Turkey's performance in Euro 2020 Qualifiers:
Centre-back Kaan Ayhan came off at half-time with an injury against Albania and was replaced by in-form Leicester man Cenk Soyuncu, who is likely to start here.
Veteran captain Emre Belozoglu also sustained an injury against Albania and has been ruled out of this one, so either fit-again Okay Yokuslu or Irfan Can Kahveci will come into the midfield.
Burak Yilmaz and Hakan Calhanoglu should continue alongside Cenk Tosun in attack.
One change could see Caglar Soyuncu come into the XI, though, as the central defender has been in impressive form for Leicester City in the early stages of the 2019-20 campaign.
They are likely to stick to the 4-3-3 formation used against Albania.
France vs Turkey: Predicted line-up this Euro Qualifiers
Steve Mandanda; Benjamin Pavard, Raphael Varane, Clement Lenglet, Lucas Digne; Moussa Sissoko, Corentin Tolisso, Blaise Matuidi; Kingsley Coman, Olivier Giroud, Antoine Griezmann.
Fehmi Mert Gunok; Umut Meras, Merih Demiral, Caglar Soyuncu, Mehmet Zeki Celik; Okay Yokuslu, Mahmut Tekdemir, Ozan Tufan; Burka Yilmaz, Cenk Tosun, Hakan Calhanoglu.
Euro 2020 Qualifiers: France vs Turkey prediction
- Turkey have kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 8 European Championship matches. Though it might seem difficult against the world champions, it can’t be completely written off given they had kept a clean sheet in their last head to head game and France have a number of injury concerns.
- Turkey have won 7 of their last 8 European Championship matches, a run that sees them top of the group. Expecting a win from the Turks might be too much.
- France have won 6 of their last 7 European Championship matches. The only defeat was against Turkey.
- France have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Turkey in all competitions. So, don’t expect a lot of goals.
- France have conceded just one in their last four and may escape on Tuesday.