International Friendlies Match: Argentina vs Uruguay Prediction
November 19, 2019,
Bloomfield Stadium, Israel
After beating Brazil in their last friendly, Argentina face Uruguay in another friendly. The game is set to be played in Israel and there are fears the game might be cancelled because of the fighting between Israeli and Palestinian forces.
Lionel Messi returned to the national team following a 3-month suspension with a goal against Brazil. He has been in scintillating form this season.
Argentina’s performance in International Friendlies:
Lionel Scaloni has overlooked Paris Saint-Germain duo Angel Di Maria and Mauro Icardi, while Roberto Pereyra is out due to injury.
Alexis Mac Allister, who was called up, is expected to feature along with Paulo Dybala after the pair both watched Friday’s 1-0 win in Saudi Arabia from the bench.
Argentina are expected to stick to the 4-4-2 formation.
Uruguay’s performance in International Friendlies:
Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez are both expected to start up front once again, with the latter coming off at half time and the former scoring during the 2-1 win over Hungary last time out.
Moreover, Juventus midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur looks likely to make way for Arsenal’s Lucas Torreira, whose performances for his national side played an important part in the club’s decision to sign him last year.
Nahitán Nandez, Giorgian De Arrascaeta, Jonathan Rodríguez and Darwin Núñez have all been removed from the squad due to injury. The same goes for José María Giménez, who continues to recover from an injury sustained several weeks ago.
They are expected to field 4-4-2 formation.
Argentina vs Uruguay: Possible line -up
Esteban Andrada; Juan Foyth, Germán Pezzella, Nicolás Otamendi, Nicolás Tagliafico; Rodrigo De Paul, Leandro Paredes, Alexis Mac Allister, Lucas Ocampos; Lionel Messi, Paulo Dybala.
Fernando Muslera; Giovanni González, Diego Godín, Sebastián Coates, Matías Viña; Brian Rodríguez, Federico Valverde, Rodrigo Bentancur, Brian Lozano; Luis Suárez, Edinson Cavani.
International Friendlies: Argentina vs Uruguay Prediction
- La Albiceleste have fared better since their last defeat, a 2-0 defeat to Brazil at the Copa America, and are unbeaten in 6 games, winning 4.
- Uruguay are also on a thrilling run of form ahead of this contest. Los Charruas remain undefeated this calendar year. In 2019, Oscar Washington Tabarez’s men have gone W8, D4 (90 mins) and have conceded more than 1 goals in just 1 game.
- Argentina have scored 13 goals in their last 4 games of International Friendlies but don’t expect them to score too many against Uruguay’s strict defence.
- Argentina have conceded just 3 times in their last 5 games. Meanwhile, Uruguay have scored 7 goals in the last 5 games. Don’t expect Argentina to keep a clean sheet. However, don’t expect Uruguay to run riot either.
- This will be 198th meeting between Argentina and Uruguay. Argentina currently lead the head-to-head 89-61 and have come up on top more often than not in recent fixtures (3-1 in last 5). Expect Argentina to grab the bragging rights once again.
- Luis Suarez has been involved in half of Uruguay’s goals in his last 8 appearances – 8 out of 16. Expect him to continue the trend.
- Argentina had 14 shots in the last game, expect them to atleast match that tally, if not improve it.