English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Liverpool vs Manchester City
November 10, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning.
Leaders Liverpool host Manchester City in a what is expected to be a thrilling encounter which could prove to be vital in the title race of EPL 2019, even though every team has played just 11 games. Liverpool and City are in the top 2 with defending champions City trailing Liverpool by 6 points. A defeat for City will increase the lead to 9 points and might even send them 3rd in the table. Meanwhile, a win will give them a much-needed boost in the campaign ahead on the international break.
Liverpool’s Performance in EPL 2019
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain must be seriously knocking on the door for a start after a few eye-catching displays for Liverpool.
Jordan Henderson missed out through illness in midweek and could make way for Oxlade-Chamberlain if he fails to recover in time.
Fabinho is on four yellow cards and was not risked last weekend ahead of this match. He will return to the starting XI on Sunday.
Dejan Lovren will once again get the nod ahead of Joe Gomez at centre-back with Joel Matip still sidelined with a knee injury.
Jurgen Klopp is likely to stick to his favoured 4-3-3 formation.
Manchester City’s Performance in EPL 2019
Manchester City’s preparations in midweek couldn’t have gone worse with Ederson getting injured and Claudio Bravo being sent off during their 1-1 Champions League draw with Atalanta.
The injury is reportedly not serious and Ederson might recover, failing which Bravo might get the nod.
David Silva was ruled out of this fixture last weekend and he joins Leroy Sane, Aymeric Laporte, Rodrigo and Oleksandr Zinchenko on the sidelines.
Pep Guardiola may be tempted to push Fernandinho back into central midfield and start Bernardo Silva on the right wing over Riyad Mahrez.
City too are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Liverpool vs Manchester City: Predicted Line-up
Alisson; Andy Robertson, Virgil van Dijk, Dejan Lovren, Trent Alexander-Arnold; Georginio Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson; Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah.
Ederson; Kyle Walker, John Stones, Fernandinho, Benjamin Mendy; Kevin de Bruyne, Ilkay Gundogan, Bernardo Silva; Riyad Mahrez, Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling.
EPL 2019: Liverpool vs Manchester City Prediction:
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 45 home matches in the English Premier League, last losing in April 2017. They might once again escape with at least 1 point.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 20 home matches against Man City in all competitions. However, City have lost just 1 of the last 5 league games against the Reds.
- Jurgen Klopp’s side have conceded in last 8 games in all competitions and in each of their last 5 league matches at Anfield and are unlikely to stop that leak. City have actually failed to score in four of their last five visits to Anfield but Liverpool are not as strong at the back at the moment as they have been recently.
- Sadio Mane has scored 6 goals and is likely to trouble the struggling City defence and may add to that tally.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 9 goals while Kevin De Bruyne has the same number of assists. Their experience and quality mean they will trouble a Liverpool defence which is yet to reach its last season’s form.
- Manchester City have failed to finish 3 of their last 5 games in all competitions with 11 players. Despite the expected high tempo of the game, it’s something that’s difficult to happen. However, they managed just 1 clean sheet in the said period and may struggle to do so once again.
- Manchester City have won 22 of their last 25 Premier League matches. However, it’s tough for them to continue that run.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 12 home matches in the Premier League and there have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of their last 11 Premier League games. Meanwhile, there have been over 2.5 goals scored in 10 of Man City’s last 12 Premier League games. Given the attacking threats both sides possess, it might be another high scoring game.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 11 of their last 12 Premier League matches but might have to settle for less than that.
- Roberto Firmino has had a hand in seven goals in his eight Premier League matches against Man City, scoring four and assisting three. He has both scored and set up a goal in three different meetings with the Cityzens.