English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Man United vs Everton
December 15, 2019,
Old Trafford, Manchester
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019. Today’s match is Man United vs Everton.
Man United host a resurgent Everton side in their Premier League clash on Sunday. While Man Utd are coming on the back of back to back PL wins over Spurs and Man City, Everton are riding high on confidence after beating Chelsea in their last Premier League game, which was their first game since the sacking of their manager Marco Silva.
A win for Manchester United will keep them on 5th while anything less is likely to see them drop in the Premier League table. Meanwhile, Everton will get further away from the relegation zone if they avoid a defeat.
Man United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful Jesse Lingard could be in contention, with the midfielder trying to recover from a knock picked up in the Manchester derby.
Luke Shaw is likely to be available, but Paul Pogba, Eric Bailly and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all remain out.
Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood compete for a starting spot in attack.
Ashley Young and Luke Shaw are in competition to start at left-back.
Otherwise, United’s XI is relatively settled at the moment with Paul Pogba still sidelined.
Everton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Everton have both Theo Walcott and Morgan Schneiderlin unavailable with calf problems, although caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson is hopeful Lucas Digne will be fit after he took part in training on Friday.
Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina and Fabian Delph have resumed light training and their fitness will be assessed ahead of the trip to Old Trafford. Jean-Philippe Gbamin (quadriceps) and Andre Gomes (ankle) remain long-term absentees.
Former Manchester United defender Micheal Keane is expected to start.
Man United vs Everton: Predicted Line-up
David de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; James, Andreas, Rashford; Martial.
Pickford; Sidibe, Keane, Holgate, Digne; Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Delph, Bernard; Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin.
EPL 2019: Man United vs Everton Prediction
- Man Utd have won 36 of their 54 PL meetings with Everton, more than any side has won against another in the history of the competition.
- Man Utd are looking to win three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since winning their first six under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer back in January.
- Everton won 4-0 against Man Utd at Goodison Park in the last PL meeting between these sides. They’ve not won consecutive league encounters with the Red Devils since completing the double over them in 2013/14.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored four goals in his last five PL trips to Old Trafford. Only Steven Gerrard has scored more as a visiting player at Man Utd than Sigurdsson, with five.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 5 PL games.
- Everton have lost 6 of their last 7 away matches in the Premier League.
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 PL matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Everton’s last 4 away PL games.
- Man Utd are undefeated in their last 6 home matches in the Premier League.
- Man Utd are undefeated in their last 6 home matches against Everton in all competitions.