English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Manchester City vs Watford
September 21, 2019
The Etihad Stadium, Manchester
For all the football enthusiasts out there, we share prediction tips for league matches that will give our app users a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with Premier League Fantasy Football.
Manchester City’s performance in EPL 2019:
Leroy Sane, John Stones, Phil Foden, Benjamin Mendy and Aymeric Laporte are all injured, leaving coach Pep Guardiola with a slight headache ahead of the clash against Watford at home. The injuries to Stones and Laporte, specifically, leave City light at the back with Otamendi the only senior center half fit and available. Fernandinho started at the heart of the defence along with Otamendi in the match against Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League, and that is bound to continue in the English Premier League.
Apart from that, there are no other injury concerns, and the only major concern is whether Kevin de Bruyne will start the game after the midweek match. He was substituted in the 77th minute, indicating that he will probably start, and Riyad Mahrez and Ilkay Gundogan will drop back to the bench.
Watford’s performance in EPL 2019:
After last weekend’s hard-fought draw against Arsenal, new/old manager Quique Sanchez Flores will likely start with an unchanged line-up against City. The pressing of the front 4, Gray, Cleverley, Hughes and Deulofeu caused Arsenal all kinds of problems playing out from the back. If he makes a chance, he will drop back Hughes into midfield, and play the pace of Pereyra/Ismaila Sarr to hit City on the counter attack. Troy Deeney will continue to miss out after undergoing a minor surgical procedure in late August.
Manchester City vs Watford: Predicted Line-up
Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Zinchenko; Rodri, D. Silva; B. Silva, de Bruyne, Sterling; Aguero
Foster; Femenia, Dawson, Kabasele, Holebas; Doucoure, Capoue, Hughes; Pereyra, Deulofeu, Gray
EPL 2019: Manchester City vs Watford Prediction
- Manchester City will have a lot of possessions in the game this EPL 2019. They average 59% possession in the premier league. Against Norwich, they recovered 69% possession. Expect them to have between 55-70% of the ball
- Manchester City will take a lot of shots. They have averaged 20 shots and 8 shots on target per game so far. Watford average 18 shots and 4 shots on target per game. Expect City to outshoot Watford, both on and off-target, and expect Foster to have to make at least 4-5 saves in the game.
- Given that City’s first choice defensive pair are out injured, they will be a little vulnerable defensively and Watford may nick a goal in the game
- City have scored 16 times in 5 games this season, while Watford have scored just 4 goals. The scoreline in this game will be comprehensive. Expect a 3-1 to 5-1 victory for Manchester City. They are just too brilliant in attack for a team that is at the bottom of the league
- Deulofeu looked dangerous for Watford against Arsenal and was unfortunate to not score. If Watford get their counter-attacking tactics right, Deulofeu could contribute with a goal or an assist
- Manchester City have goalscorers all over the team. Aguero has 7 goals this season; Sterling has 5. Gabriel Jesus, Bernando Silva, Kevin de Bruyne and Rodri have all contributed 1 goal each so far. David Silva has 4 assists to his name and Kevin de Bruyne leads both City and the Premier League with 5 assists so far. It is hard to predict who will score or assist for City, but we will go with Sterling, Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne for goals, and de Bruyne, Sterling and Silva to contribute the assists.