English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Manchester United vs Arsenal
October 1st, 2019,
Old Trafford, Manchester
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Under-pressure, Manchester United host Arsenal in their league game. Just 8 points from 6 games have left them at 8th spot in the table and with injuries to several stars the Red Devils find themselves on the backfoot. However, Utd have featured well under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer when under pressure.
Meanwhile, Arsenal are riding high with 3 wins and just a solitary loss, that too against Liverpool, in their first 6 games. However, their struggle away from home is not hidden from anyone. They were held by Watford in their last away league game.
Manchester United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said ahead of their game against Arsenal that he never expected his reign as the Manchester United boss to be easy and his record at the club justifies his words. He has the worst win percentage among the managers who took over at Manchester United since the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson. He has a success rate of just 51 pc- 19 wins in 37 games.
Despite returning against Rochdale in midweek, Paul Pogba is a doubt for the game with an ankle issue. Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are expected to join Eric Bailly and Diogo Dalot on the sidelines, leaving Solskjaer with little choice but to start 17 years old Mason Greenwood. Greenwood has scored in each of his last two appearances for the club.
Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard are in competition for a starting berth on Monday night, while Luke Shaw returned to training on Friday and could make the matchday squad.
Solskjaer is expected to tweak the formation a bit to adjust to the injury issues. He is likely to use 4-3-3.
Arsenal’s performance in EPL 2019:
Newly appointed captain Granit Xhaka is expected to start for the Gunners while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will look to add to his tally of 6 league goals this EPL 2019 as Arsenal look to break free in the race to top 4 early in the season.
Kieran Tierney returned from injury to make his Arsenal debut in the Carabao Cup game in the midweek but may have to wait for Premier League debut. Hector Bellerin also returned from a long-time injury. However, he has been ruled out of the game. Meanwhile, Rob Holding is also unlikely to face.
Bukayo Saka and Reiss Nelson are in competition for a starting berth on the left wing with Alexandre Lacazette still unavailable.
Unai Emery is expected to stick to the 4-2-3-1 formation he used against Aston Villa last week.
Manchester United vs Arsenal: Predicted Line-up
David de Gea; Ashley Young, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Aaron Wan-Bissaka; Scott McTominay, Nemanja Matic, Andreas Pereira; Daniel James, Mason Greenwood, Juan Mata.
Bernd Leno; Calum Chambers, Sokratis, David Luiz, Sead Kolasinac; Matteo Guendouzi, Granit Xhaka; Pepe, Dani Ceballos, Reiss Nelson; Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
EPL 2019: Manchester United vs Arsenal Prediction
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 5 English Premier League games. However, there have been under 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Manchester United’s last 10 EPL games. However, given the defensive fragility of both the teams, expect a goal-fest.
- Arsenal have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 Premier League matches while they have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 PL matches.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 12 PL games against Arsenal at Old Trafford – a run stretching 13 years. However, United’s defensive woes and the absence of attackers may give them the chance to finally break the streak.
- Penalties have been awarded in Arsenal’s last 4 PL games and could become just the 6th side to see a penalty awarded in 5 consecutive games. Manchester Utd have won most penalties – 5- this season while Arsenal have conceded the most – 3. With defenders prone to mistakes in both sides and strikers with pace, don’t be surprised if the referee points to the spot.
- Jesse Lingard has scored four goals for United against Arsenal in all competitions, more than he has against any other side.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 13 goals in his last 13 Premier League starts, and his tally of six strikes is the most by an Arsenal player in the first six matches of the season since Emmanuel Adebayor in 2007/08 (also six). United have managed just 2 clean sheets so far and Auba may very well add another goal to both the columns.