UEFA Champions League (UCL) Match Prediction: Tottenham vs Olympiakos
November 27, 2019,
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
or all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning.
Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham face Olympiakos in a must win game in group B of Champions League. They are currently second with 7 points from 4 games but given they face Bayern Munich in their last game, a dip in form may prove costly for last season’s runners-up.
Tottenham made a good start to life under Mourinho, producing a commanding first-half display and opening a 3-goal lead relatively easily.
Meanwhile, Olympiakos need to secure a win to keep their faint hopes of progressing to the knockout stages of the Champions League or Europa League alive. They only managed to draw against Panionios on Saturday.
Tottenham chucked away a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Olympiakos at the start of the campaign.
Spurs’s performance in Champions League:
Hugo Lloris and Jan Vertonghen are still unavailable for Tottenham, while Erik Lamela missed out against West Ham on Saturday through injury.
Tottenham beat West Ham 3-2 in Jose Mourinho’s first game in charge and only a few changes are expected on Tuesday.
Dele Alli already looks a different player under Mourinho and is expected to keep Christian Eriksen out of the team once again.
Tanguy Ndombele or Moussa Sissoko will hope to get a start in midfield, likely at the expense of Harry Winks, while Danny Rose could start at left-back.
Mourinho is likely to use 4-2-3-1.
Olympiakos’s performance in Champions League:
Pape Abou Cisse and Konstantinos Fortounis are both expected to miss out for Olympiacos on Tuesday night.
Away to Tottenham in Jose Mourinho’s first home game in charge of the club is perhaps not the ideal game to start Mathieu Valbuena.
They are expected to field a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Tottenham vs Olympiakos: Predicted Line-up
Paulo Gazzaniga; Serge Aurier, Davinson Sanchez, Toby Alderweireld, Danny Rose; Eric Dier, Tanguy Ndombele; Lucas Moura, Dele Alli, Son Heung-min; Harry Kane.
Jose Sa; Ruben Semedo, Omar Elabdellaouci, Yassine Meriah, Konstantinos Tsimikas; Andreas Bouchalakis, Guilherme; Mohamed Camara, Daniel Podence, Giorgos Masouras, Youssef El-Arabi.
Champion's League: Tottenham vs Olympiakos Prediction
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last five European games against Greek opposition. However, they have 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss in their 3 games against Olympiakos. But don’t expect them to lose, given they have been reincarnated under Mourinho.
- The stats do not make for favourable reading for Olympiakos, who are winless in their last 12 Champions League games and have only one win in their last 14 visits to England. Don’t expect them to spring a surprise here.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Tottenham’s last 4 UEFA Champions League games and it might happen once again with Spurs scoring the majority of them.
- Olympiakos have lost their last 3 UEFA Champions League matches. Be ready to make that 4.
- Tottenham have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 UEFA Champions League matches while Olympiakos have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4. Given Harry Kane and Son have scored 9 goals in the campaign already, expect the streaks to continue.
- Tottenham have never drawn a Champions League group stage game at home. Don’t expect them to do it on Tuesday either.
We are eager to see the Champions League Results this season and hope these predictions helped you.